Top 10 Reasons for Visiting Walpole.
1. Pristine Wilderness – Walpole is the heart of the amazing Walpole Wilderness Area, relax and enjoy our National Parks, meandering rivers, inlets, remote beaches and the majestic forests.
2. Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk – A 600 metre walkway suspended 40 metres above the ground, giving you a bird’s eye view of the forest.
3. The famous WOW Wilderness Ecocruise - your chance to experience remote areas of the inlets and the wilderness area, be entertained and learn about the history and ecology of the area.
4. The Giant Tingle Tree- 24 metres in circumference! Walpole-Nornalup National Park is the last place in the world where the Ancient Red Tingle tree still grows.
5. Fantastic Fishing - A choice of inlet, river, beach and rock fishing will not leave you disappointed.
6.Wildflowers- All year round there is something in flower, including the Red flowering Gum (corymbia ficifolia) and over 50 different species of native orchids.
7. Beautiful Beaches- Rugged limestone cliffs, granite headlands, freshwater streams and remote isolated beaches to let you get away from it all.
8. Bushwalking – There are many walktrails to help you explore our region and the Bibbulmun Track winds its way through the forests and the coasts of the Walpole Wilderness Area.
9. Fun on and in the water- Swimming, snorkelling, boating, surfing and canoeing are just some of the more popular activities on our waterways.
10. Friendly small town country atmosphere- says it all!
Have a peak for yourself...